INGREDIENTS FOR 2-3 PEOPLE
300g fit‘n’free pasta Lentil & Chestnut
250g brussel sprouts
300g pumpkin, washed
1 garlic clove
75 g cashew nuts, roasted and salted
2 tblsp sesame oil
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground turmeric
1 TBLSP flour
500ml coconut milk
a little bit of lemon juice
- Wash brussel sprouts and cut in half. Boil only until al dente in plenty of salted water, about 10 min. Drain and rinse with cold water so brussel sprouts retain their green colour.
- In the meantime, dice the pumpkin into 1 x 1 cm pieces. Peel and finely chop onion and garlic. Chop up cashew nuts into biggish pieces.
- Fry the pumpkin pieces in the sesame oil for about 6 min. until soft. Just before the end of the cooking time add garlic and onion into the pan. Dust the vegetables with the spices and the flour, fry up briefly and then add coconut milk. Stir in brussel sprouts and cashew nuts and season well with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta according to packet instructions until al dente in plenty of salt water. Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent it from softening.
- Mix pasta and hot vegetables and serve immediately.
HINT – To make gluten free ensure spices and flour are GF certified