INGREDIENTS FOR 2-3
300g Fit n Free Sorghum & Pea pasta
200g cream cheese
150ml vegetable stock
300g cooked beetroot
1 tlbsp fresh horseradish, rasped
Salt, pepper, nutmeg
200g peas, blanched
- Melt the cream cheese in the vegetable stock on medium heat.
- Dice beetroot and puree about 30g into the cream cheese sauce together with the horseradish. Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Cook the pasta al dente according to the instructions on the packet. Drain and rinse with cold water so it does not soften further.
- In the meantime, add remaining beetroot and the peas into the sauce and bring to the boil briefly.
- Dress pasta with the hot beetroot sauce and serve immediately.
Tip: If you’re a fan of fish add your favourite white variety (snapper, gurnard, tarakihi), a perfect fit with this dish. Cook fish for a few minutes max each side in butter with ½ a bunch of mediterranean herbs. Serve with the pasta.