INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE
- 200g Green salad (e.g. lettuce or baby spinach)
- 200g Cherry tomatoes
- 1 Baby cucumber
- 1 carrot
- 1 Yellow or red pepper
- 1 Celery stalk
- 1 Bunch Chives
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tsp Kühne Medium Hot Mustard
- 0.5 Tsp Runny honey or maple syrup
- 6 Tbsp Olive oil
- 400g Free Range Chicken breast fillets
- 50g Dessicated coconut
- Zest from 0.5 organic lemon
- 1 Tbsp Butter
1. Wash the lettuce leaves, spin dry and tear into bite-sized pieces. Wash tomatoes and cut in half or in quarters. Wash or peel the cucumber and cut into thin slices.
2. Peel the carrot and grate coarsely. Wash the pepper and celery, remove the ends and any leaves and cut into fine strips.
3. Wash the chives, shake dry thinly slice
4. For the salad dressing, mix the vinegar with mustard, honey or syrup, salt and pepper. Whisk in 5 tablespoons of oil with a small whisk or a fork until the sauce is smooth and all ingredients have been combined well. Add the chives.
5. Rinse the chicken breast fillets with cold water, pat dry and cut into 1 cm thick strips.
6. Mix the shaved coconut and lemon zest on a plate. Season the chicken strips with salt and pepper and toss in the shaved coconut until they are well coated with it.
7. Melt the butter and remaining oil in a frying pan. Fry the chicken over medium heat for about 6 minutes, turning occasionally. Mix the salad ingredients with vinaigrette and arrange on plates. Arrange the coconut chicken strips on top.